Saturday, May 4, 2024

Uncommon Man

 I admit to being lazy. It has been a week of finding my feet and getting them underneath me, again. We've been back nearly two weeks, and I still have not gotten, or even started, getting the pictures organized.

Pictures not as good as seven years ago, and that disappoints me as well.

On the other hand, the sight was as beautiful as before. And it has inspired a jewelry piece that I'll try to put together soon.

Buuut, as I said I'm lazy today. so I'm going to post a poem that I heard, then searched for to make sure I got it right. Ironic, really, it's not a poem to inspire laziness. Rather the opposite.


My Creed

I do not choose to be a common man,

It is my right to be uncommon … if I can,

I seek opportunity … not security.

I do not wish to be a kept citizen

Humbled and dulled by having the

State look after me.

I want to take the calculated risk;

To dream and to build.

To fail and to succeed.

I refuse to barter incentive for a dole;

I prefer the challenges of life

To the guaranteed existence;

The thrill of fulfillment

To the stale calm of Utopia.

I will not trade freedom for beneficence

Nor my dignity for a handout.

I will never cower before any master

Nor bend to any threat.

It is my heritage to stand erect.

Proud and unafraid;

To think and act for myself,

To enjoy the benefit of my creations,

And to face the world boldly and say:

“This, with God’s help, I have done.”

All this is what it means

To be an Entrepreneur.


-- Dean Alfange


I think I'll put that on a poster, or a shirt. It'd be the first addition to www.cafepress.com/clubmushroom in a long time.

Be bigger than you are. Make something to leave a legacy. Live a life you will remember (thanks, avicii). Put smiles on faces. Help people get what they want.

Live as large as you can.


Yes, You Can!

No comments: