Sunday, June 22, 2008

This is Probably Not the Best Time to do this...

But, I have to say, having a pet die is right up there with the top ten worst ways to spend a Sunday evening.

Snuggles' time came when she could no longer walk or stand, so we had her put down. As is my habit, I insisted that I be there to be whatever comfort a pet can have in their final minutes. God love her, she resisted the inevitable to the very end. I'm thinking of burying her next to Mike, under the peach tree.

When I am in a more together frame of mind I'll write her elegy. Not right now. But I felt the need to say something. For whatever it's worth.

This is the one time I'm not ending with "Yes, you can."

"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die..."
--Ecclesiates 3:1,2a

Good night folks. God Bless.

No comments: